Wednesday, December 21, 2011

Reilly the Hairdresser

 The other morning, Reilly's hair looked so long to me.  It looks extra long in the back, as if it had a growth spurt.  People might think that since I spend every day with her I don't notice little changes, but I do.  I think because I'm obsessed with every inch of her.  But I notice when she does new things, says new things, speaks in a new way, understands differently, or develops in some way.  So many times, I'll be talking to my mom and say "Wait till you see Reilly, her hair grew since last time you saw her."  And sure enough, she'll always say, "You're right, look how long it is!!", even if it was only two weeks since she last saw her.

So, her hair looked extra long, and was basically begging for braids.  So I somehow got her to hold still (she was so busy texting on her Leap Frog phone), and practiced my braiding skills.


Her short little hair dos make me laugh. 

I think she's going to be hair-obsessed, because she just got a set from her auntie's with a hair brush, straightener, curling iron, perfume, and a hair dryer.  She says, "Mommy, sit."  She has me sit on the floor, sprays the perfume in my hair (like it's hairspray), and says "shhhhh" to make a spraying sound.  Then she brushes it and blow drys it and says "Byoo-full!"

I swear, I don't know where she gets this stuff.  ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment