Wednesday, August 18, 2010

Crazy.

"They called them crazy when they started out.
Said seventeen's too young to know what love's about.
They've been together fifty-eight years now.
Ain't that crazy?"

I was actually 18 here. Hubby had just turned 20.
We had been together for three years at this point.
A three year high school long distance relationship.
We knew we would get married. We always knew.
Most people said we were crazy.
We weren't in love, we didn't know what love was, we were too young to know what love was.

That always made me laugh.
How old do you have to be to know how to love? Who decides the age?

Then came engagement. I was 19 and in college.
Too young to get married! Enjoy your twenties! Don't you want to have fun in college?
That's when I knew it. They didn't know what love was.
I just smiled.
We had fun...together. We would enjoy our twenties...together.
I always told them...God brought us together early so we could experience this love for a longer time.
You may say crazy...I say blessed.

People have different definitions of love.
And being twenty three.
Or seventeen.
But I was in love at seventeen.
I'm in love at twenty three.
And you may call us crazy.

But don't worry about us.
We're living our twenties to the fullest.

And it feels...crazy.

A crazy kind of love.

Love like Crazy,

Dirt Road Mama

2 comments:

  1. so well written!!!

    We were called crazy too!! Together at 13 and 15, we wouldn't make it through high school... then wouldn't make it through two different colleges...

    Look at us now!! 16 years later!! happy and more in love than ever!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. YAY love you guys and love your love! (omg i just started singing faith and tim in my head as i wrote that! haha)

    ReplyDelete