Hi Reilly! Is there something you'd like to tell us?!
Yes, we know you got a doggie. But can you look at Mama instead of Penny?
Look Daddy's here, too! What are we celebrating today, Baby?
Oh!! You are six months old today?! That's so exciting!!
If you're excited and you know it, blow bubbles at Daddy!
Reilly's face says, "Say what, Mama?!"
Yes, it's true Reilly Belle. You fell out of me 6 whole months ago.
"But Mama, I feel like I've known you my whole life! I can't believe I didn't know you 6 months ago!"
I know, peanut, Daddy and I feel the same way!
You are our best friend, babygirl.
Meeting each other was the best thing that ever happened to Mama and Daddy.
And then we had you, and life lit up like never before.
Dirt Road Mama, Baby, and Doggie. Just hangin out.
Nobody cares about this photo being taken except me.
Here is what we learned about our Reilly this month:
1. We can make her smile or laugh on a DIME. She is literally always smiling. Or laughing. And therefore, so are we.
2. Her eyes get bigger and brighter every day.
3. She gets more curious each day. She thinks she can do things that she can't, and she will just try! Like moving. Or jumping off of our laps. She thinks she is super baby, but it's so fun watching her learn.
4. She is talking up a storm! Making so many sounds, singing, babbling. She has said "Da". Not "Da-da", just Da. But she did say it twice, two separate occasions!
5. She has 2 teefies!! Which are teeth, in Mama language. They are her 2 bottom teeth, and I love them like they are my own. Actually, I don't even really love my own teeth - I just love hers.
6. She can take off her bibs. Well, she just took her bib off right now for the first time. So I felt like I should mention it.
7. She sleeps like her Mama. At least 13 hours a night. LOVE IT. Is there a word stronger than love? If there is, that's what I feel for her sleep. And therefore, my sleep. Yay sleep.
8. She is thisclose to rolling over.
9. She is thisclose to sitting up.
10. Take your time, baby, Mama's in no rush for you to grow up.
11. If you want, you never have to roll over or sit up. I'll just carry you everywhere your whole life. Okay, deal.
12. I like saying thisclose.
13. She's such a good little eater! She eats carrots, apples, bananas, pears, prunes, peaches, green beans, sweet potatoes, and butternut squash like a little champ. Next up: PEAS!
14. She is so great in new situations. She doesn't cry around new people, she will just get quiet for a little bit. We can take her to football games, happy hour, or restaurants and she goes with the flow.
One more time, because I'm obsessed with her...
Happy 6, babygirl. You are an angel.
Love & 6,
Dirt Road Mama