Wednesday, March 2, 2011

Adventures in Cribtown

I just looked at the monitor during naptime, and she was out of the monitor view. Like, her whole body. Which is kind of impossible, so I ran in her room. She was sitting on the edge of the crib mattress, with both legs hanging through the bars, like she was sitting on the edge of a dock. She was smiling. It was hilarious.

So I laid her back down, and left again. Two minutes later, she was sitting up again. I peeked in the crack in the door, to get a better look at what she was doing. She reached through her crib rails again, into the basket next to her changing table (which evidently she can reach, now that she can sit up), and grabbed her hair brush. As I was debating whether or not I should leave her be, she reached back in the basket and grabbed the tube of diaper cream. Not good. So in I went again, for the second time in one nap time. I usually never go in while napping is taking place, and she always drifts off to sleep. So I took her little treasures, moved the basket away from the crib [note to self: rearrange the nursery], and laid her back down again. A few tears followed, but I wished her sweet nappy dreams and left again.

A short while later, I peeked in to see this.

I swear, that little button nose just melts my heart.

I love my little monkey girl.

Love,

Dirt Road Mama

1 comment:

  1. lol that's just too funny! She looks huge in that picture too!

    ReplyDelete