Tuesday, July 26, 2011

Ew.




I interrupt this wedding update to talk about a new development in our house. Reilly has discovered the word "Ew". Now, this could be an obnoxious trait, if she were to pick up her food and say "ew" and then throw it or something. But no. Reilly says "ew" completely appropriately - and I can't understand it.

Let me give you an example.

The other day, we were at our photographer friend's studio, reviewing pictures she had taken. We were sitting on the couch, and Reilly was standing in front of us by a coffee table. Then Brett put his sneaker up on the coffee table. And instantly, Reilly touched his sneaker, and said as loud and clear as can be, "EWW!".

That was the first time she ever said "Ew". And she hasn't stopped.

Here are some other instances in which she has volunteered her opinion of "Ew", without any prompting whatsoever.

-She took a tissue out of the bathroom garbage, held it up, and said Ew.
-She pointed to a crumb on the floor - Ew.
-She took a piece of grass out of her little pool, said Ew, and the threw it out of the pool.
-She picked up a dirty diaper, held it up to me, Ew.
-She had her foot near her face while I was changing her, pretended to smell it, Ew. (I found out she pretty much thinks everything about feet are gross.)
-We brought her into our bed in the morning, she pointed to the deodorant on Hubby underarm, Ew.

Literally everything gross, she addresses. And this morning, I said the Hubby "Can you kill that bug? It's on the ceiling above Reilly." And Hubby responded, "She doesn't seem to mind too much." (As she was CHOWING on her watermelon.) So he actually forgot to kill it (a moth), and then a little while later I hear Reilly saying "Ew" over and over. And turned to look at her and said, "What's ew?" And she point to the bug on the ceiling. Her skinny little arm, and her tiny little finger pointing to the bug: "EWWWW!"

Besides the fact that her tiny voice is so funny proclaiming everything as "ew", I continue to be amazed at how she is aware of so many gross things. All I know is, she is definitely her mama's daughter.

1 comment:

  1. I mean, I love Reilly and all, but I can't wait to see wedding pictures - even tho I don't even know your sister!!
    :) - vanessa's sister :)

    ReplyDelete