Tuesday, July 17, 2012

Blueberry Pickin'!

This past weekend we went to a blueberry farm that is right here in our town.  I can't believe we have never been - it will definitely be an annual trip for us!  Everything about it was cute - the little country store, the ice cream shop...even the fact that the kids who worked there were Hubby's students.  I love family-run places. 

Here is Reilly posing with her blueberry bucket.  She literally posed like this. Knee out, hand behind her back, waiting for me to take the picture.  The kid kills me.

Below is a sign that I did not understand, because "beyard" is not a word.   But then Hubby explained it to me.  I thought the bee yard was there to keep the bees off of the fruit while people were picking, because we had no bugs around us AT ALL!  But apparently the bees are there for pollination, because when I told this to the workers they said that the fact that we didn't encounter any bees in the fields was a freak occurrence.  Oh well, we totally lucked out!


Pretty girl in the berry field.

When we first got out there, one of the first things she said was "Ew Mommy. I ate a green one."

There are 18 varieties of blueberries at this farm!! Craziness!

Daddy lifted her up to get the big ones on top!

Mommy chased her in the open field when we were done pickin'.

Here she is straight up going to town, eating berry after berry by herself from the trees.  She was hilarious, and pretty much in heaven.

And then came the best words a Mama can say, "Let's go get some ice cream!"

Reagan Kate was a little angel bean in the stroller, and we used her as our cue to leave.  When Reagan gets hungry, we're done!  So she started yelping and telling us she was ready for some milk, so we enjoyed our ice cream and breast milk in the little shop. :)

Okay, I'll say it again.  I'm just in love with everything about her.  I could eat her up with a spoon.

So that was our super fun blueberry outing!  It was about 95 degrees at least, but the heat doesn't really bother us as long as there is ice cream.  Farms and ice cream - doesn't really get much better!

No comments:

Post a Comment