Monday, July 26, 2010

My Babies Met My Baby

This is my baby cousin Taylor in 2005. She was the cutest, sweetest, funniest little baby I had ever seen. She sang and danced and giggled. I mean, look at this little face!

And then her baby sister Jenna was born! I always felt a connection to Jenna right from the beginning, I don't know why. She was always quieter than her sister, as I am mine, not as outgoing. But just as angelic. And I was with her a lot in the months after she was born, it was the first little newborn I had ever really seen. Look at this picture of us 5 years ago. It looks like an 18 year old me holding my little Rei Rei!

They were always my babies. Every holiday, every time I came home from school on break, I always wanted to see them and snuggle them and play with them.

Then they were my flower girls in my wedding.

And then I showed them where I live now, in the country.

And then this happened.

My babies. Met. My baby.



This totally blew my mind. They were my babies. Now I have baby. And they loved her, and kissed her, and got her presents. And held her feet. And giggled when she gripped their finger. I giggled when THEY gripped my finger! Yesterday! When THEY were babies!

This was my first adult moment. My first adult "I remember when you were this big like it was yesterday" moment. My first "my where has the time gone" moment. I think it happens when you have a little chickpea of your own. I'm not sure how I feel about this. But I get the feeling I have to get used to it, huh?

Love & Memories,

DR Mama

No comments:

Post a Comment