Sunday, April 11, 2010

Hello, My Name is...

I didn't want my first blog post ever to be all "Hi! This is my first blog! Welcome to my life!" So I figured I would save introductions for my second post! I figured I'll make it in the form of a list. Because I like making lists. Here are 5 things that you may or may not know about me.

1. I am 8 months pregnant with our first little angel baby! Hubby and I don't know what we are having, and we love it that way. We are so excited beyond words to become parents! We call our baby-to-be "Baby R" because if the baby is a girl she will be Reilly, and a boy will be Reggie. Oh, and that lady who can't stop touching my belly is my sister, aka Auntie Mimi! Isn't she GORGEOUS! And she's even prettier inside.
2. Brett is my husband and the love of my whole life. We met when we were 14 and 16 years old, and will be married 2 years on June 20. Our love story is a unique one...as in...we didn't live in the same state until we got married. But he is my soul mate in every sense of the word. I mean I literally look at him and marvel how I can love someone so much every single day. And then he walks through the house with his dirty shoes on right after I mopped and I sigh. And then he flashes me his smile and makes me forget about muddy floors. But more on his handsome face another day.
p.s. I just realized that in this picture, if you don't know us, you may not know which man is my husband. He's the one behind me, the one I'm facing is actually my brother. Glad I cleared that up.


3. My blog name comes from the fact that we live down a 2 mile long dirt road. It's RUSTIC in every sense of the word. But ain't she pretty? I love when the birds chirp and the streams are running strong, and hate it when the ice makes it a death trap and I really want a Starbucks. Which, I might add, is 35 miles away. But I wouldn't have our country life any other way. I love breathing mountain air into my lungs, and hearing the robins and chipmunks that live in our trees. I feel like Snow White.

4. I love to cook and bake. Like LOVE. Very high on my list of favorite things to do is to pour myself a glass of wine, and cook a delicious meal for hours. If I have my sous chef (ahem: Brett), or my Mama, sister, or girlfriends there to share the wine with - even better. I only learned to cook really once I got married, so I'm still learning every day! Mistakes and successes will be chronicled here, don't you worry!

And let's all take a minute and try to imagine the last 8 months of my life minus the wine. Cooking. Without my glass of red wine. It shouldn't even be allowed. It's just not the same. Needless to say, the countdown to our baby is running concurrently to the countdown to my first glorious sip of a beautiful sharp dry red. Which I may or may not smuggle into the hospital.


5. Painting is the other love of my life. I just realized I love a lot of things. I've always been into the arts, drawing, painting, and anything creative. God has given me the chance to really explore this passion of mine, and I'm so thankful! I have started a business selling my paintings and painted signs, and am now going to be a stay at home mama and can concentrate on my painting so much more. Feel free to contact me with any inquiries about my artwork!

There's a little taste of every day life for ya. I have to go change positions because baby is making my belly ache and feel stretched to it's limit. Time for some yoga. Or ice cream. Yes, I think the baby wants ice cream.

2 comments:

  1. Kate, why is your life so cute? Im glad you have provided me the opportunity to stalk you even more :) And if you want, Ill make you a strawberry basil lemonade (with the alcohol this time) for Melly to sneak into the hospital as well!

    ~Shanna

    ReplyDelete
  2. OMG KATE.... you DEF want Shanna's famous strawberry basil lemonade for the hospital.... it is SOOO delish!!
    Shannyy... you are so cute...& yes lets def sneak the alcohol into the hospital for my sis!
    And yes i am obsessed with Baby R already & my sis is a stunning pregnant woman!!!!
    <3 Aunt Mimi

    ReplyDelete