Tuesday, May 24, 2011

Eh-Oh!

Reilly has been drawn to Elmo since the moment she saw him. It kind of freaks me out, actually. What is it about that little guy that is so funny to the little ones? It's not even like we watch Sesame Street every day, either, which is why it's crazy how captivated she is by him! It was instant. Love at first sight.

And then my mom said to me, "We got a little Elmo to put on top of her birthday present! I wonder what she'll do when she sees it."

I immediately got SO excited. Well, here is what she did.



Look at her face!! I just love it. I love how she was able to make the connection between the little monster on TV, the Elmo in all our books, and her little doll.

HA. She is in LOVE with him. She takes him to bed, and her face lights up every time she sees him. But my favorite part, is that when we say "Reilly, where's Elmo?" She will look around, try to find him, and then go and pick him up. She hold him up to us and say, "Eh-oh!!"

The fact that she is able to make that connection and repeat what we're saying is still so new and amazing to me.

The morning after she first got him, I went in to get her from her crib. She was standing up, holding on the crib with one hand, and holding Elmo under her arm in the other. I died laughing.

Needless to say, Reilly now has two Eh-ohs. One is hiding in her closet for the off chance that we lose our little guy! Thank you Elmo, for helping Reilly learn so much!

No comments:

Post a Comment