Thursday, May 12, 2011

To My Baby


I wrote this in my journal the night that I found out I was pregnant with our angel.

We didn't know if it was a boy or a girl.

I didn't know that she was barely the size of a poppy seed at the time, I thought she was the size of a chickpea.

All I did know, was that I loved our baby such a crazy amount.

When we were preparing the nursery, I painted the note that I wrote to our baby on a canvas. I love that the feelings I had were so new, so confused, so happy, so unknown. It was the weirdest feeling, lying in bed, writing in my journal, Hubby and I the only people in the whole world who knew this amazing miracle that was happening.

And the funny part is, I could never in my wildest dreams have imagine what she would actually have been like. How wonderful she is. How much she amazes and surprises us every day.

Babygirl, this is what Mama wrote down as soon as I found out that I was going to be a mama. Learning that you were with me that day - it is a feeling I will never forget as long as I live.

No comments:

Post a Comment