Wednesday, May 4, 2011

Instad of Napping

I am with my girl everyday, and so therefore I get to see everything she does. Since this is the case, I feel it is my responsibility to capture as much as possible on camera or video. And I don't just like taking a picture of "her eating yogurt". I like to get the FIRST TIME EVER that she ate yogurt. See now, isn't that so much more thrilling? I thought so.

So today, I bring you, pictures of the FIRST TIME EVER that Reilly stood up in her crib.
The day: Last Thursday.
The time: Afternoon, when she should have been napping, but instead was practicing standing. And laughing hysterically.

Naturally, when I saw her standing in the monitor, I grabbed my camera and busted in, totally giving up on nap time. I'm just trying to show you what good parenting is, you see.

Anyway, when I walked in, this is the face that I saw.

"MAMA! LOOK WHAT I CAN DO!"

"I KNOW, CAN YOU BELIEVE IT?! LOOK AT ME!"

"THE SKY'S THE LIMIT NOW MAMA! I FEEL SO FREE! I FEEL SO MOBILE! I FEEL SO...TALL!"

"Okay, can you pick me up now, Mama? I don't really know where to go from here."

I love her proud, elated face, when she does new things.

Love Her Face,

Dirt Road Mama

No comments:

Post a Comment