Wednesday, January 18, 2012

Organizing Every Day



I have pretty much been organizing, in big or little ways, since the new year.   Some ways are noticeable, most are noticeable to nobody unless they live in our home.  But it makes a big difference to those of us living here, accumulating more things through the holidays, and about to accumulate even more with our little angel on it's way.

Our house isn't getting any bigger, but that doesn't mean that we can't have more space.  And so far, I've found a way to get 3 empty shelves in my linen closet, and clear our entire living room closet (which was jam packed), in order to make room for...baby things.  I'm thinking maybe it will be for toys?  Books?  Who really knows, all I know is I love seeing empty storage space.

The first thing I have to do is think a lot about the space I have, the items that are stored there, and whether or not they need to be there/where else they could live.  I've been purging a lot as well.  It's about looking at the space you have a new way I think.  And getting storage bins, because they make everything better.

For example, the top of our bookshelf started getting really crowded with toys, I knew there had to be a better solution. So, storage bins to the rescue!






















Now the middle basket is empty, ready for new toys!!


Baby steps!! (See what I did there?)


Meanwhile, Reilly is keeping herself busy, catching up on some reading while Mommy is a crazy person.  :)



No comments:

Post a Comment