My little Reagan Kate is growing right before our eyes! Not physically so much, she's still a little peanut brittle. But in her actions, behaviors, and curiosity - it's like she became a toddler in one night. It's seriously hilarious.
For example, right now, she is slamming her rocking chair into the heater and laughing hysterically at the noise she is making. I mean, how funny is she?
Here are a few more of her very recent discoveries/toddler changes:
1. She now finds it amusing to throw her plate and/or fork. She doesn't do it all the time, but when she does, she laughs HYSTERICALLY.
2. She is on her knees ALL the time. Constantly climbing, moving, trying to get up on things. She even pulled herself up to STAND!! Just once, but this is huge people. We do not make very physically motivated babies, so this accomplishment at 12 months is major! :)
^ Confession: I put her here, she didn't pull herself up. I did it to make Daddy laugh. :) But she held on!
3. She imitates her sister as much as she can, which has been happening since birth, but now it's like they converse. It's crazy.
4. Due to all the climbing, she is falling an awful lot more! I'll hear her crying, and turn around to see her lying flat on her back like a little turtle. I'll know right away that she just got scared, from taking a risk and taking a spill. She has her little "wahhh-mommy-pick-me-up" cry, which I know means she isn't hurt, just scared.
5. She has been a little sicky lately, which I feel like is a toddler trait. Picking up anything anyone within a 7 mile radius might be suffering from. Poor little thing. But the fever was the worst, everything else she has taken in stride and been a little happy bean, thank goodness.
6. She crawls over to the door and peels off my stickies. She goes in to cabinets and empties them of their contents. She climbs over and through the chairs to reach a Cheerio. She climbs up my body, as if she is trying to climb on my shoulders. Move, move, move!
7. She thinks things like wires and outlets are awesome, and all of the other fascinatingly dangerous household items.
8. She sleeps 4 hours during the day in naps, despite her 12 hours at night. Oh wait. That's a newborn behavior. :)
9. She climbs on the fireplace hearth. She does it very slowly, so I'm able to stop her. And it's never when the fire is going. But nonetheless, what a little crazy bean!
10. She suddenly pulls bows out of her hair for sport. This is a really fun phase that all babygirls go through I think. It's the first "beauty is pain" lesson I teach my girls. I know this thing on your head is annoying, but you look gosh-darn precious, so we have to endure it. One day you will understand. And don't worry, you have lots of beauty suffering ahead of you - namely hair removal.
^ (that's a bow in her hand)
(Also, notice our awesome couches...that's due to a vomiting incident that led to our whole couch going to the dry cleaners. Winter is awesome. Yes, I blame winter for my couch stains. And sicknesses. And everything negative. Let's go Spring, we're ready!)