Monday, February 20, 2012

Mama's Chair (& Belly Picture Attempts)

 Reilly loves Mama's chair.  It was given to us before we had her, and it's where we would spend most of our nights together when she was a wee one.  I had a candy stash right next to it, and I would drink iced lemonade and eat candy to stay awake while I fed her.  I would gaze out the window at the stars, and occasionally at my beyond exhausted looking reflection, at all hours of the night for weeks and weeks while we learned how to breastfeed together.

Now, we read in this chair.  I read to her before nap, and sometimes before bedtime.  And during the day, she will mosey in my room and climb up on the chair, and start reading to herself.  She looks at the pictures and talks about them.  It's precious.

I'm a little curious as to what will happen when new baby is here...I'm thinking it will be Mama and Reilly's chair in the day, and Mama and new baby's chair at night.  Or let's be honest, we'll all just pile on.

On a side note, this is what Reilly does when I say "Give Mama a big smile."


I set up the camera to try and get some belly pictures on the chair, and Reilly wanted in on the picture fun.



I love the last one even though it's blurry, because she was on the other side of the room and came running over and said "Up! Up!" It's so indicative of our every day and how she loves to be near her Mama. :)


No comments:

Post a Comment