Monday, January 10, 2011

Mama Confessions

Ahem.

I would like to confess something to you all. I am not ashamed to say this. I am quite proud, and I will tell you why.

Okay, I'll just say it. In the afternoon, sometimes at 2:30 and sometimes at 4, it is time for baby to breastfeed. And sometimes she falls asleep. And sometimes...I don't put her in her crib. And I just leave her there, on my chest, snuggling. And I'm darn proud to say it.

Here is picture proof that my Mama took.
Look at that face.

I don't think that I'm spoiling her by ding this, see, because she does take a nap in the mornings, all by herself. And she sleep for 13 hours every night, no problem. So girlfriend knows how to sleep. This little happy nappy, is because this time is fleeting. This time that I can call her Baby. This time that she will be breastfeeding (contrary to what it may seem, I will not be breastfeeding her until she's 5). This time that she fits on my lap and her little arm has those wrist wrinkles. See the wrist wrinkles??

So I'm savoring it. Every mama told me to savor these years that my kiddies are young, because they go so fast. I'm seeing how fast they go, as babygirl grows and changes every day. So every afternoon, we snuggle, and I savor. Because a time will come where she can get up and run and play, and falling asleep on mama's lap likely won't happen as often. Except when she's sick, and I tell her that in order to get better little girls have to snuggle all day on the couch with their mama's. Which isn't entirely false, rest and hydration are imperative!

Anywho, like I was saying. A time will come, one day, when she is too big for my lap...


...ahem. Unless that day is already here. Hm.

HUBBY?! We need a bigger couch! You know, for the baby.

Over & out.

Love & Never Never Land,

Dirt Road Mama

No comments:

Post a Comment