Monday, April 18, 2011

Funny Bunny!

Only in the country can something like this happen. I mean, I walk outside my door, and there is
a beautiful little baby bunny sitting there in the grass! But the crazy part is, she didn't scurry off at the sight of me. She just...kind of stayed there, looking all content, and kind of curious. I was able to get so many good pictures of her! I was so excited, because this was like the cutest baby bunny I have ever seen.

You may be wondering how I knew she was a girl. Well, you'll see when you look at the pictures, she just looked so...pretty! There's no way this bunny was a boy.

I have a soft spot for bunnies. I never call them rabbits. They are all bunnies. Once, my dad and I saved a small newborn bunny that fell in our pool. It would fit in the palm of my hand. I saw it struggling, screamed, and my dad came and skimmed it out. Then I prepared a small cup of water and lettuce and put it next to the bush where he huddled all day. I swam all day nearby to give him space. I was so sad he wasn't eating or drinking, but he was breathing and just stayed there in the shade. Then, at 5:00 in the afternoon, his mama came hopping over with his brother. And they all snuggled together and jumped in circles, and then hopped off together. It was one of the happiest things I ever witnessed.

Another time, in 9th grade Biology, we had a bunny that I named Pinkie because he was albino and had pink ears, eyes, and nose. I loved him. I took him home for the summer and took care of him. Turns out...he hated me. He scratched and attacked me whenever I went near him. I still love bunnies, though.

Anyway, back to our photogenic lawn bunny. Here she is.




I told you she was cute!! And so girly, right?

Look, she even has little front bunny teeth coming in!


I think I want to take her in and adopt her. I will feed her carrots and take good care of her.

Maybe she's a friend of the Easter Bunny's? Dropping off some early goodies?

Love & Dress Up,

DR Mama

No comments:

Post a Comment